Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello in there...


I am officially 17 weeks pregnant today. I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to be feeling right now (after all I've never been pregnant before). But here is what I've noticed so far:

- My clothes aren't fitting anymore. Sweat pants are my best friend. By the end of the day I just want to walk around school with my pants unbuttoned. Thankfully there is an inner voice telling me that would be a bad idea. Thank goodness for dress pants with a stretchy waste band!

- The reason my clothes aren't fitting well is obvious - the infamous little baby bump has finally appeared. This is both good and bad. I'm glad because it reminds me that there's a baby inside of me. And it must be doing ok because it is growing like crazy. But it is bad because now people just stare at my stomach. Most women complain about people staring at their boobs. Not me. I just want to slap people sometimes and say "Hey, my face is up here"! Seriously, stop staring at my belly. I am self-conscious enough without you adding to it. If it's this bad now, I had to think what it will be like a few months down the road!

- Now that I'm showing a little bit my students have started to figure it out. I decided not to tell them and just wait for them to figure it out on their own. It took them a while, but over the last few days the news has exploded over the school. One freshman girl (who lacks some tact mind you) proclaimed "Mrs. Donohoe got knocked-up!" Oh little children, I wish you knew what having a baby was really about. It's not always just a mistake that happened because I didn't use protection when I was wasted at a party.

- So far I haven't felt any movements inside my womb yet. But then again, I don't really know what it's suppose to feel like. Maybe I have felt it and I didn't realize it. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be more noticeable though.

- We went to the doctor again yesterday - not for anything exciting, but just a checkup. For the 2nd time in a row the dr. commented on how active the baby is. Apparently he/she is constantly doing flips in there. Should I be worried by this? Are we going to have a hyper-active child from the beginning? I guess he/she is taking after their father already. I like to imagine Baby having a dance party in there. I'll have to remember to keep good music on hand.

I think that's it for now. In 2 weeks we get to find out what the sex is! Hurray! No more calling it "it".

Have a great Easter everyone! And for the teachers out there, happy spring break! It has been a long time coming but I am more excited for this break than ever! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It should be WAIST band not waste band! =P

Unknown said...

what were you doing up at 5am?! crazy! if you have fun belts you can undo the button on the pants and the belt will cover the button :) smarty pants james came up with that one! i'm totally with you with the staring at the belly comment! it makes you very self conscience... the good thing is once it's obvious you don't have to worry about sucking in your stomach EVER... you just come to the realization it's out there for everyone to see so breath easy :) I can't wait to find out what you guys are having! i hope you break the boy trend! we need at least one girl for all these little men to chase after :)