- Nolan now knows how to flush the toilet - a necessary step in potty training, but I'm just waiting for the day when something gets flushed that isn't suppose to. I feel like it is just bound to happen.
- Nolan recently found my brother's old recorder (the flute-like instrument that you play in elementary school). Logan use to annoy me SO much with that growing up. Now Nolan knows how to play it, and he thinks it's awesome. Too bad for him it is going to have to get hidden REALLY soon. I don't think I can handle listening to it for a second longer!
- Nolan loves to color. The only problem is that if you give him access to markers (whether intentionally or not) and turn your back for even a second, you can gaurantee that something will get colored on. Recently he found a permanent marker in the pen cup and proceeded to color on half of his toys. He also likes to color on himself (although thankfully, not with permanent marker):
We'll definitely be sticking to crayons from now on.
- The other day I was touching up my nail polish and had my nail kit out. Nolan found the pair of scissors that was in there and marched right over to Abby and proceeded to try to cut her hair. Thankfully I stopped him before that could happen, but watch out poor girl!
- Everytime someone lies down on their stomach, Nolan thinks its an open invitation to "ride horsey". There are 2 problems with this. 1 - just because I'm laying on my stomach doesn't mean I want to parade around like a horse, and 2 - he now does this to Abby as well. Anytime Abby is playing on the floor and is on her stomach Nolan tries to sit on her like a horse. It worries me - but Abby doesn't seem to mind. She pretty much laughs at ANYTHING Nolan does - so that doesn't help me convince him to stop.
I'll have more random things to post soon. But in the meantime, enjoy this picture from two adorable Donohoe's. Hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day and no sneaky leprechauns played any mean tricks on you! :)