Here are a few random thoughts that weren't really exciting enough for a post of their own...
1. Kids say some of the funniest things... but of course when I sit down to write about them I can't remember anything. One thing I do know, is that one of my favorite things that Nolan says right now is "ridiculous" - only, it sounds more like "ridicky-lus". And for some reason every time he says it I just crack up. "Mommy, you're being ridickylus" etc.
2. Abby is the most polite little girl I have ever met. She is not even 2 yet and knows how to appropriately use the words: Please, Thank You, You're Welcome, Bless You, etc. I can't really even take credit for it, because I didn't really do anything special to make her so polite. I think she just picked up on it - kids learn everything from observation after all!
3. One thing Nolan and Abby got from their father is their love for singing and dancing. One of the things Jack and Nolan like to do together is watch music videos - Jack sings and Nolan dances. Thanks to on-demand they can watch whatever they want whenever they want. Lately their favorites have been "Wagon Wheel" and "What Makes you Beautiful" by One Direction. Recently we were in a store when One Direction came on and Nolan proclaimed "that's my song!" Sorry Justin Bieber, Nolan has a new favorite now...
Abby has not really gotten into the music videos, but she loves singing. Every morning she comes into our room to wake us up, and shortly thereafter, stands on top of the bed (because apparently you have to be standing to sing - you get the most projection I guess - see, just like Jack), and sings the ABC's. It's really cute - I should video it. It sounds mostly like "ABCBABC,uhhhhhh, ominomiPee, etc." She follows that performance with a rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. And that's how we wake up each morning!
That's all for now. I'll save the rest for another post :)
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Another milestone for our big boy Nolan... last week he got to go to the dentist for the 1st time!
I have no idea at what age you are suppose to start going to the dentist, but when looking at a recent pay stub I realized (again) how MUCH we pay for health insurance. So I decided we needed to be taking advantage of it. Since we are already paying for it, and Nolan seemed to be mature enough to be able to handle it, I decided to take him in for his first check-up.
I'm proud to say that he did an awesome job. They had Disney Jr. on in the background so that helped distract him. He followed directions and best of all, had great teeth! The doctor said everything looked great!
And in the end, he got to pick out a new toothbrush (which he was particularly excited about)!
So proud of our big boy!
Friday, July 5, 2013
Now I'm sure you are wondering... what fun, exciting, cool thing did we do to celebrate our 6th anniversary?
And the answer is...
2. worst movie ever made
3. dinner at a steak house
What? Doesn't sound that exciting? Here's why we did those 3 things...
1. because I love putt-putt. It's one of my favorite things to do.
2. because we don't get to go to the movies very often. And if we do go, it is usually one of us going with friends without the other. So for us to get to go together is a real treat! Only problem is that there was a limited selection of movies at the time we needed and the one we ended up seeing was, well, terrible. Parts were funny. But overall I sat there the whole time going "I can't believe I spent $11 on this". At least the popcorn was good!
3. because we had a giftcard, and I wanted seafood and Jack wanted pasta. So this was the best compromise. See, that's what 6 years of marriage has gotten us - the art of compromise :)
So anyway, none of that may sound that great, but for us, it was awesome just to be together and enjoy the company and conversation without certain little people constantly needing something.