Friday, January 1, 2010

The End of a Decade

With the new decade upon us, it seems only appropriate to reflect on all that has happened in the past 10 years. For me personally this has been a pretty pivotal decade. From the year 2000-2009 I have (not necessarily in this order):

Graduated high school; gone to college; met lifelong friends; grown exponentially in my relationship with Jesus; Graduated with a B.S. in math at VT; Got a master’s degree in education at VT; Got my first boyfriend; had my first kiss; Fell in love; Got engaged; 
Became legally able to drink, buy lottery tickets, and rent a car; Got married; Bought my first house; Got a dog, Boomer (the best); lost 3 cats; Started my first real, full-time job; Won New Teacher of the Year; Led WyldLife (middle school); Led Young Life (high school); Grieved the loss of Gran; Grieved the loss of my first child (miscarriage); Celebrated the birth of a child – Nolan (a true blessing); Realized the miracle of childbirth; and many more I'm sure!

 

No comments: