Tuesday, January 7, 2014

D3

There's big news in the Donohoe House... Baby #3 is on the way and due to arrive next July! (Which you already knew if you read the Christmas Letter - but I didn't want D3 to be deprived of his/her own big blog announcement post)

We waited until Christmas Eve to tell the kids. As we were getting ready for bed we told them we had a surprise for them. When we told them what it was, Abby was super excited - she LOVES babies - and immediately tried stuffing a dolly inside my shirt. Nolan was less excited - but not upset. He mostly wanted to know if he could see it. And then cautioned me to be careful because the baby might bite me from the inside. 

I think it is too early for them to really understand what this actually means for them. But for now, they are excited. While Nolan and I were cuddling on the couch recently he started patting my belly and said he was "petting the baby". And Abby talks frequently about the "baby in you belly". 

I know that 3 kids is a scary thought. And there are times that won't be a picnic. But we know this little life is a blessing from God and are excited to meet him/her next summer!

No comments: