Monday, January 18, 2016

Never Getting Married

Today Abby and I watched an episode of Downton Abby together - one in which 2 of the main characters got married. When it was over I looked at Abby who looked on the verge of tears...

Me: What's the matter Abby?
Abby: I don't want to get married ever in my whole life!
Me: It's ok Abby you don't have to get married if you don't want to.
Abby: Good because I want to stay here with you guys. And if you marry someone you have to go stay with them. And I don't want to stay with them I want to stay with you guys! [insert the sound of sweet, innocent 4 year old tears]
Me: Abbygirl, you can stay with me for as long as you want. [insert big ol' hug]

 I'm documenting this because one day I know she will change her mind. But for now I am soaking up her innocence and love for her family. When the teenage hormones start a ragin', I'll have this conversation to look back on and smile.

Love you forever my sweet girl!

No comments: