Saturday, January 22, 2011

Non-Stop

Someone asked me recently how I ever get anything done anymore. And the answer is, "I don't." Nolan goes non-stop, all the time. If you take your eye off of him for one second you never know what he'll get into. Here are a few examples:

- Today I had to call Poison Control for the first time. While I was brushing my teeth, Nolan got a hold of the mouthwash and somehow figured out how to take the top off. Next thing I know I look over and he is drinking it. On the back of the bottle are all kinds of warnings about not ingesting it and keeping it out of the reach of children, especially those under 6. Luckily when I called poison control they said he would be fine as long as I gave him something to eat and drink and he didn't throw up or get suddenly sleepy (because mouthwash contains alcohol). Oddly enough, Nolan seemed to really like it, and he's had really fresh breath all day!

- Shortly after the mouthwash incident, Nolan was eating some crackers to help settle his stomach. He then proceded to take the crackers into the bathroom, dunk them in the toilet, and tried to eat them. Since when did toilet water become the new cracker dip? Gross.

- Yesterday Nolan had to sit in time-out mutliple times at the babysitters for climbing on things he's not suppose to. He must not have learned his lesson because when we got home, he continued to try to climb on top of tables and such. Later we went over to a friend's house where he climbed on top of a desk, then on top of a computer, stood up, and started pressing buttons on the security system. I fear it's only a matter of time before I walk in and find Nolan on top of the refrigerator or somewhere else ridiculous. You just never know with this boy!

No comments: