Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Big Move

Well, we have officially moved! This past weekend we packed up all of our belongings and moved them to either storage or to the apartment where we will be staying for the next little while. We are both happy and sad about this transition... Happy because we will have the opportunity to save some money, and because we will have free reign of the farm for Nolan and Boomer to run around (which they both LOVE). It's ironic because when I was growing up, all I wanted to do was live in "town" in a neighborhood like everyone else. Now that I have that, all I want is to move back to the country. So I think it will be a good thing to move, but we are sad to leave behind so many good memories. After all, this was the first place we lived together as a married couple, our first home to fix up and decorate, the first home Boomer knew, the home we took Nolan home from the hospital to - and the only home he's ever known.

Anyway, we are moved, and settling in to the apartment. I think Nolan and Boomer are having to make the biggest adjustments to the move. Boomer has pretty much given up sleeping with us. He prefers to stay in the house now so that he doesn't miss anything exciting - like going for walks or tractor rides. Plus, everytime he has been there before that is where he's stayed, so that's what he's use to. Nolan is also getting use to his new surroundings. Bed time has been a struggle only because he would much rather be playing outside than going to bed. It doesn't help that one of the windows in his room is missing a shade so it isn't as dark in there. This is particularly problematic in the mornings when the sun comes shining through and wakes him up at 5:45. Today he slept until 6:15 so I hope we are making some progress. I'm going to stop on my way home and pick up some room darkening shades for his room. Hopefully that will help!

To wrap this up, here is a picture from the last week or so (taken at the old house):


I thought it was funny because of all the camo Nolan was wearing. Boy does he love those boots! I couldn't help thinking to myself "This boy needs to get out to the country ASAP!" Now he can wear his camo boots and fit right in!

No comments: