Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swimming!

A few weekends ago, Jack, Nolan and I took an impromptu trip to VA Beach to visit some friends. We were only there for about 24 hours, and wouldn't you know it, as soon as we started to get ready for the beach is started storming. I was excited to see what Nolan would do at the beach. Last summer when we went he just sat there and tried to eat fist-fuls of sand. yuck! I think he's old enough now to actually play in the sand and in the water. So hopefully sometime soon we'll get to go back.

Since we didn't get to go to the beach, we went in the pool instead. Jack and Nolan didn't seem to care that it was raining since they were going to get wet anyway. I wasn't sure how Nolan would do. Last summer we went to the pool a lot, and he loved it, but he was either in the baby pool or in an inner tube thing (neither of which we had available this time). But I'm proud to say that he was not scared of the water at all! He jumped right on in there! He enjoyed swimming around (with the help of Daddy and a life jacket) and jumping off the edge of the pool. He even jumped off the diving board (into Jack's arms)! I was impressed, but I should have known he would have no fear. Now I need to watch him VERY carefully if we are ever near water since I know he has no problems jumping right in.

Here are a few pics of Jack and Nolan in the pool... I didn't get a whole lot because it was raining and the water was making the camera lense blurry. But you can tell in just 2 shots that they seemed to be having a great time!


No comments: