Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Nolan!

It is hard to believe, but my sweet little boy Nolan is 2 years old! His birthday was 9-15 (yes I know I am a few weeks behind in updating this). I can't believe he has grown up so fast! And I know it will only continue. Before we know it he is going to be off to college! OK I better stop before I start crying ;) In the meantime here are some pics from his birthday:

The birthday cake I made (ignore the clutter in the background - the other pictures I took somehow got deleted so this is the only one):

Nolan opening a present on his actual birthday:

Playing with his new farm set:

Blowing out candles (in Blacksburg):

Birthday cake (he was acting shy in this picture, but just before we started singing he kept saying "Happy Me! Happy Me!" - which is his version of Happy Birthday to Me):

This was Nolan's main birthday present - a new swingset! (which is actually a hand-me-down from our cousins, the Cliffords - Hunter is in the pic w/ him). He definitely loves it!

Nolan ate about 2 bites of his cake and icecream, and then abandoned it for a hot dog bun:

Since it was warm enough we decided to get the slip 'n slide out (because Nolan LOVES playing in the water). The boys decided it would be more fun to put it at the end of the slide and go down from there. Here is a video of Nolan going down:

I think it is safe to say that Nolan was sufficiently spoiled for his birthday! :)

No comments: