Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Magic Oven*

This is a picture of Abby sleeping in the kitchen:



Why is Abby sleeping in the kitchen, you ask? I promise there is a logical reason… someone recently mentioned to me that the solution to a fussy baby was turning on the oven fan. Really? I couldn’t believe it could be that easy. But I assure you, it works. I’ve tried it on 3 occasions now. Each time Abby was being fussy, and I couldn’t figure out anything that could be wrong – she was dry, fed, and gas-less. Each time I brought her near the oven, turned the fan on, and I kid you not, she was out like a light instantly. I mean that literally – it was INSTANT. There is seriously something magical about the oven fan. This past time I decided since it made her so happy I would just move her little chair in there and let her sleep away!

In related news, Abby has been sleeping well at night lately. Last night she slept for 9 hours! She doesn't do that every night, but she has been going for longer stretches and I'm hoping that it will become more consistent. I feel like a new person after getting some decent sleep!

*I am crossing my fingers that by publishing this post I am not jinxing anything. Hopefully the oven fan will continue to sooth her and she will continue sleeping well at night. Knock on wood!

1 comment:

Lyns said...

We used to put Peyt in the bathroom with the bathroom fan on, so it could work its magic. It usually worked!