Saturday, October 31, 2009

Back to School

It's amazing how time flies. Nolan is already 6 and a half weeks old. He had his 6-week check-up this week, and discovered that he has grown to over 11 and a half pounds and 23 inches. It is hard for me to believe he has grown 4 inches - I guess that explains why all of his pants are now capris! The doctor says everything looks good!

We are definitely excited and thankful that Nolan is a healthy, growing boy. Now that he is 6 weeks old that meant time to go back to work for me. Going back to school is never something that you look forward to, but I'm proud to say we all survived the week. I haven't been able to take as many naps (and therefore feel extremely sleep deprived), but otherwise all went well. Nolan was a hit at his daycare - there are 2 other little girls there that just adore the "new baby". He is a stud already. I didn't cry at all when leaving him, so I was proud of myself for that. It helps that Jack has been taking him in the mornings so I don't have to drop him off. I just get to pick him up in the afternoon which gives me something exciting to look forward to all day at work. The only nice thing about going back to work is that it has helped us begin to establish a little bit of a routine. Jack and Nolan hang out in the mornings and then go to work/daycare together. When I pick Nolan up in the afternoon he is usually wide awake. I like to think he is excited to see me and spend time together so he doesn't want to waste time sleeping. The only problem is that he stays awake all evening, so I don't get to take my usual nap ;) The good part of that though is that he usually goes to bed between 9 and 10 and will sleep sometimes until 4. It feels pretty good to get 6 hours of sleep in a row!

Anyway, enough about that. I don't really have and fun new pictures, but here are a couple random ones from the last week or so...

Here is Nolan all bundled up for the colder Fall weather... he is so cute in his hat (that Kim Hill made)!



And here is Jack and Nolan watching football together...



And here is Nolan and Boomer playing on the floor together...



No comments: