Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sincere Apology

Dearest Friends and Family,

I think I owe you an apology. I didn't mean to... I didn't mean to get you sick! It has come to my attention that a large number of people that visited us on Sunday ended up with the flu this week. Here's what happened...

Sat. Jack woke up not feeling well and stayed home from work. His symptoms included vomiting, nausea, headache, and just overall achy, weak body. Nolan and I both felt fine and went about our morning as usual. We ate breakfast and played a little, and then I baked a cake, went to the store for meds and Sprite for Jack, and went to Lowe's to get more trim and mulch. About the time I was leaving Lowe's I realized I didn't feel so good either. I made it home where I found this:


So I uncovered Nolan to make sure he didn't suffocate and joined the boys for a nap. I think we all 3 layed there for a good two hours without moving. The nap felt good but it only confirmed that I was definitely sick. It's not common for us to be sick at the exact same time, so we both figured it was food poisoning or something we ate on Fri. night. We layed low the rest of the day (neglecting all the cleaning and chores we were suppose to be doing). It was nice to lay around and not do much, but I think we could have both done without the vomiting.

Anyway, Sunday came and we both felt much better. I whiped the house down as best I could Sun morning and we went on about our plans - after all it was Nolan's big day! We had breakfast out with some friends, went to church, and then came back to our house for lunch/after-baptism party. It seemed like everything went great. Then on Monday we started hearing about different people that were also sick. Everyone seemed to have the same symptoms Jack and I did. Slowly the number of sick people grew and grew... as of today we've counted over 35 people that we saw on Sunday that had to take Tuesday off from work/school because they had a bug. That is some crazy-contagious virus!!

So anyway, back to the apology. I'm really sorry if you got sick and it was because you hung out with us. If I had known that we actually had a virus and not just food poisoning I wouldn't have had everyone come over to our house. I really had no idea it would have the impact that it did. Whether it was our fault you're sick or not, I hope you are feeling better now. And thanks again for spending time with us on Sunday. It meant a lot to us and to Nolan!

Much Love, The Donohoes

No comments: