Saturday, June 26, 2010

Play Nice Boys...

Having a dog has taught me a lot over the last 3 years. I highly recommend for anyone who is planning to have children to get a dog first. I feel like I am going through a lot of the same lessons with Nolan that I went through with Boomer- don't put things in your mouth that don't belong; stay out of the trash; stay out of the toilet water; no biting; don't beg for food at the dinner table; etc. I guess I need to thank Boomer for preparing me to teach these lessons to Nolan. Now Boomer is teaching me how to prepare to have another child (not that that is in the plan anytime soon!). Nolan and Boomer just act like brothers. Most of the time they play together great - no one can make Nolan laugh like Boomer can! But sometimes they do what all siblings do -  fight over each others toys. Nolan tries to steal Boomer's bone when he's not looking. Boomer tries to steal Nolan's red block (his favorite toy) and rubber ducks. Yesterday there was a big fight over a plastic flip flop (a dog chew toy in the shape of a flip flop). I found it under the couch when I was cleaning up and gave it back to Boomer. Apparently Nolan decided it looked like a fun tasty toy though and he wanted to have it. Eventually I had to take it away from both of them. If we ever do have another child I feel like I will already have experience in getting the kiddo's to play nicely! Despite their trying to steal toys away from each other, Nolan and Boomer are still best buds. I just can't get over how sweet and patient Boomer is with him. We really have the best dog ever! And the best son too! :)

This is Nolan trying to steal Boomer's bone. Boomer obviously isn't interested in sharing!

Dog? Or jungle gym...?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That flip flop is a pretty amazing toy!!