Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mexico (#2)

Recently we had the good fortune of taking a trip to Cancun, Mexico...


Here’s what I loved about our trip:

-          Taking my time eating a meal. Normally I always rush through eating in preparation of one kid or the other needing something.

-          Being able to order anything I wanted off of the menu without having to worry about how much it cost (the place we stayed was all inclusive)

-          Taking naps. Is it sad that I had an all expense paid trip to Mexico and the thing that I looked forward to MOST was being able to take a nap whenever I wanted?

-          Being able to sit by the pool and read - love my new kindle by the way!

-          The perfect weather – highs in the low 80s, lows in the low 70s.

-          No dishes. No vacuuming. No doing laundry. 

-          Riding horses on the beach

-          Taking hot showers and not rushing because I’m in a hurry or because I’m worried about the hot water running out.

-          Not having to rush at all. For anything. (well, except for that time we almost missed our connecting flight and had to run through the Houston airport.

-          Lots of quality time with Jack. I really like him. With 2 kids and busy schedules it’s hard for us to get quality time together. Every night there was like date night – only we didn’t have to worry about finding a babysitter. It was great!

 Here’s what I didn’t like:

-          Leaving Nolan and Abby behind. I definitely cried a little (just a little) when we dropped Abby off. I knew they were both in good hands – they were with their grandparents who are awesome – but I missed them both sooooo much!

-          Taking time off of work – sounds dumb I know. But I have already taken so much time off this year with maternity leave that I hate to leave my kids with a sub now.


And that’s pretty much it. There wasn’t much not to like. Overall we had a fabulous time! And because I missed Nolan and Abby so much, it just gave me something to look forward to on the way home!
Here are a few pics:
This was our room:

Horseback riding:


On the first day we had to make a boat out of nothing but card board and duct tape that would hold 2 people. Here is our finished product. It was called the "Silver Bullet":

Jack on the "spinnaker" - basically it was a mix between a giant swing and a parachute, anchored to a boat:

The view from our room:


1 comment:

fred said...

You love golf AND Mexico? Ok, you need to check out the Mayakoba Golf Classic in Playa del Carmen, right near Cancun. Tickets are only $10 a day and it’s a great way to see some of the most beautiful vistas Mexico has to offer. http://bit.ly/zLrJXz