Friday, August 10, 2012

Update: Abigail

Since I have been such a slacker about blogging lately, I figured I would take some time to update what everyone in the family has been up to lately. First up is Abigail Marie! Our sweet, cheerful, almost-one-year-old little girl. Here is what she has been up to:

It is August, which means it is her birthday month! I can't believe she is getting so old! And so big! She has really been moving around a lot this summer. Her signature move is the army crawl - or, as we affectionately call it, the "dead leg" - because she uses only one of her legs to push and scoots along on her belly. She has been doing a much better job of crawling normally recently though. I have noticed that she mostly gets up on all fours when she is outside. I wonder why she thinks crawling on her knees is necessary when she's outside but not inside? Anyway, I am kind of looking forward to her walking (which is isn't doing yet) just so that her clothes might be cleaner. When she drags herself across the floor, no matter how clean I keep it, she collects quite a bit of dirt. Maybe I should just strap a swiffer pad on her and call it a day? :)

In addition to crawling, she has now started climbing a lot more...
Thankfully we don't have stairs in our place, because she now knows how to climb them! Yesterday I caught her climbing onto the table that was behind the couch. She was up on all fours before I even knew she was up there! Definitely need to keep our eyes on this one!

Besides crawling, climbing, and just sheer exploring, she also loves EATing. I capitalized it to show just how much she loves it. She now has 7 teeth - going on 8 this week. So she is able to eat pretty much anything we are eating. And boy does she love it! Who needs boring formula when you can eat the good stuff? Here she is enjoying some farm fresh fruit. Yummy!


As much as she loves exploring and eating, you know what I think she loves most? Her brother. Well, attention from him anyway. Whatever Nolan is doing, Abby wants to do too. If Nolan gives her any kind of attention she just laughs and laughs. I only wish she wouldn't laugh when he does things like hit her in the head. I guess she will take any attention from him - good or bad. Don't feel sorry for her though - she gets him back plenty. (More on that in another post).

Here is Abby trying to get into Nolan's bath... (in our last place we didn't have a bath tub, so I used a big plastic tub in the shower for Nolan). Like I said, whatever Nolan is doing, Abby wants to be a part of it!

This is just a small snippet of the shenanigans Abby has been getting into. She sure does keep our lives interesting! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: