Saturday, August 18, 2012

Update: Jack and Katie



I can’t believe I am about to say this, but this summer Jack and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! Seriously, 5 years already? Where did the time go? Time flies when you’re having fun right? A lot has happened in the past 5 years. We've been through our fair share of struggles, but when I look back over the last 5 years, I mostly remember all the ways we have been incredibly blessed… full time jobs that we love, new (and awesome) friends, 2 kids, a house (however big or small) to live in, family close by, etc. And most importantly, I think I speak for both of us when I say that we are more in love than ever! (sorry for the cheese, but it’s true). If all of this can happen in the first 5 years, I can’t wait to see what will happen in the next 10, 20, 30+ years together!

The other big development is that we moved (again)! We have been blessed over the past year or so to have sold our house (which was draining our finances) and moved into a small apartment on my parent’s farm.  While we all LOVED being there, it finally got to the point where a 1 bedroom apartment just wasn’t big enough for all 4 of us. So, we moved! We are only about 10 minutes away from the farm, much closer to work and such, and have lots more space. We are renting a basement apartment from an awesome family from our church. The phrase “basement apartment” makes it sound lame. But I assure you, it’s not. And easily more space than a lot of small houses. And the best part is that we all have our own rooms! Woo hoo! It was definitely hard to leave the farm, but the space is a godsend. And who knows what the future will bring. Maybe we will be back out there again someday?

No comments: