Monday, September 8, 2008

The Bet.

Jack has won the first battle of parenthood - the battle over whether to find out the sex of our baby. At first I liked the idea of being surprised. Because, you have to admit, that would be a pretty big surprise. But as the weeks go on, and Jack continues to use phrases like "our son" and "Bruce" when referring to our unborn child, he has convinced me to find out the sex ahead of time. My biggest reason is that if it does end up being a girl, I don't want to go for 9 months talking about Bruce and then Whoa! it's a girl! That would be quite a switch. I think it's probably a good thing to know ahead of time so we can both be mentally prepared.

So now that we have both agreed to find out the sex another debate has ensued. Of course we will both be thrilled with no matter what we have. But Jack insists that it's going to be a boy, and I have a gut feeling it is going to be a girl. So what else should we do but make a little wager? Maybe betting on your child is not a good habit to get into, but for now it's all in fun. So the question is, what should the stakes be? It has to be something good (because of course I am going to win ;).

Seriously, give us suggestions. The bet is on.

In related news, I go to the dr. in a week for my first sonogram! More to come on that later...

No comments: