Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Season of Firsts...

Nolan has had a lot of "firsts" since my last post (sorry, by the way, for the long absence).

Here are a few of the things he's been up to...

First time being sick (not exactly a "first" I was looking forward to... ) He made it almost 6 months without getting sick at all though so that is pretty good I would think. Luckily it was nothing more than a bad cold but he was pretty pitiful for a few days. I mean, think about how miserable it would be if you had snot constantly dripping from your nose but you couldn't blow it. I had to use the little bulb/syringe/sucker thing and he did not like that at all! I guess I can't really blame him though. He has gotten a lot better over the past few days. He still has a little drainage in his throat which makes it sound like he's losing his voice (which is kind of funny but mostly sad), but otherwise he is doing fine!

This picture was taken after the worst of his sickness (I just didn't think it was fair to capture that part of camera) but you can still see his eyes are a little red and he doesn't quite look 100%... but still smiling though! :)

First time sitting in a high chair... getting him ready to eat some solid foods! (which I will post about soon...) He didn't actually eat anything while sitting in his high chair, but at least now it is put together and he seems to be comfortable!






First time sitting up! Nolan has been getting better at sitting up on his own. It's hard to see in the picture but he isn't really leaning against the couch at all! He can't usually support himself for long, but he can sit up for a few minutes all by himself (but before too long he topples over... still working on mastering this skill :)

More to come soon...!

No comments: