Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lessons Learned

I learned a few things yesterday that I thought I would share with you...
  1. When Nolan acts hungry all day long, and Boomer looks bloated, it's because everytime I give Nolan a snack he turns around and feeds it to Boomer. Both boys seemed to rather enjoy this ritual, but it isn't good for either of their digestive systems (or my wallet).
  2. Don't even bother trying to finish painting trim when there is a mobile 10 month old in the house. This should be common sense. But after days of working on this project (I can only really do it while Nolan's sleeping, but since I'm painting in his room, and he is always sleeping in his room, I can't really do it then either - so I can only do it while Jack is home and Nolan is still awake, which leaves a limited amount of time), I decided I would try to hurry up and get this done already. I guess I figured I should be able to keep Nolan away from the wet paint areas. Ha. Yeah right Katie. After about the 3rd time of cleaning wet paint off of his hands, and fixing handprints on the wall I finally gave up. Luckily Jack came home shortly thereafter and I could finish while they had man time.
  3. If the remote is missing, check the trash. Yes, you heard me correctly. Yesterday I happened to walk by the kitchen trash can and something caught my eye. My inner instinct said "something's not right." That something was the remote control lying face down in a pile of trash. Thankfully I noticed it before it got too covered up, and before I went on a panicked search for a missing remote control. This happened not once, but twice yesterday. Now considering the only people home were me, Nolan and Boomer, I have a pretty good idea of who keeps throwing away the remote (and it wasn't me or Boomer).
Learn something new everyday! :)

No comments: