Saturday, August 7, 2010

Surprise!

Aren't surprises the best? They are fun to get, but even more fun to give! On Wed. night Nolan and I decided to drive down to Blacksburg to surprise Nina (Pat and others have been in on this for a while). Nina has been working so hard packing up and moving the BMS library. She has sacrificially given up the majority of her summer, without pay, to make sure the library is in tip top shape for school to start. The amazing part is that she has done this without whining and complaining (as I know I probably would). Unfortunately there wasn't much we could do to help living in Fredericksburg. Thus, the surprise trip to Blacksburg! Nolan's job was to give Nina a morale boost (which, you can see from the picture, I think he was successful in doing) and my job was to help Nina finish packing up the books in the library (with Kim Hill's help of babysitting Nolan). I think both of our objectives were a success. We did as much work in the library as we could (until next week when the movers come), and Nolan and I both had a great time hanging out with "Nini" and "Poppa". Our trip was suppose to be a treat for them, but I think they did a better job of treating us - wining and dining us as usual. We went out to lunch, went shopping, watched a movie at The Lyric, and even had sewing lessons - watch out world, I am a master bobbin-threader now! :) All in all, it was a great trip for everyone. Now we are back and trying to make the most out of the few days I have left of summer vacation. Seriously, where does the time go!?

3 comments:

Lyns said...

Yayyy you can start sewing now!

TomsCreekKim said...

Not only a bobbin threader, but a new color upper thread changer outer... Zipper foot skills, ( up, down, up down)...

So, bean maker makers of America, there's some new competition coming to town!

realrabbit said...

I am the most Blessed woman! Love you guys! Nina