Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Beans, beans, they're good for your heart...



Here is my cat Beans. Jack got him for me as an anniversary present. To the normal bloke, that would be a strange present. But coming from Jack, I saw it as a sign of true love. I've always wanted a kitten. But Jack doesn't even like cats. So for him to get it for me earned him major bonus points.

Now on to the sad part of the story... As of late Monday night Beans is missing. I think he somehow escaped through the garage and he hasn't been seen since. Sad isn't it? But to me it's not only sad, it's almost like someone is playing a sick joke on me. Let me explain...

Last summer I convinced Jack to let me keep this adorable little kitten that a secretary at my school had rescued. His name was Brutus. Brutus was a great cat, regardless of the $420 vet bill we had to pay when he broke is elbow. Ever seen a cat in a cast? It's pretty funny. But I digress. Last fall we decided Brutus needed a playmate (besides our dog Boomer he continuously mistook him for a chew toy). So we ended up with another kitten from a friend at church. This cat, Bo, was unlike any other cat I've ever met. He pretty much hated everyone and everything. Definitely not the social butterfly we were hoping would keep Brutus company. In the beginning of the new year, we must have contracted some bizarre cat curse. Without much warning, Bo got mysteriously ill and died shortly after. He was only a couple months old. Then, in March (on my birthday to be exact - makes it even sadder), Brutus escaped and got outside. He had done that before and he usually turned back up. One time I thought he was lost for good but it turns out he was just trapped in a kitchen cabinet. oops! But this time he didn't come back. Boomer actually found him down the street on a walk. He had been hit by a car. So 2 cats in, 2 cats gone. Was it bad luck? a curse? or just a coincidence? Who knows. But now that Beans is missing after only 2 weeks of having him, I have to think that it must be the cat curse. If I didn't know any better I'd really start to wonder if curses really did exist...

In the mean time, I put up flyer's around the neighborhood in hopes that he will turn up and someone will bring him home. I felt like a 5 yr old doing it, but I'm determined to prove that I'm not such a bad pet owner after all.

2 comments:

Shawn and Taniya said...

OH MY GOSH... KATIE.. WE CURSED YOU AT DINNER ON MONDAY... ALL THAT TALK ABOUT THE CAT CURSE! I'M SORRY..I'PRAY FOR BEANS...IN THE MEAN TIME I AM GOING TO FIX MY BLOG THAT MY BLOGCRAZY HOMO HUSBAND HAS SCREWED UP! SO GLAD YOU HAVE DECIDED TO JOIN THE FUN!!!

realrabbit said...

Katie, I am so sorry! I did not know about Beans!

I have been in my grandmother to be euphoria and have been having visions of baby clothes dancing in my head along with other stuff that always dances in my head!

We will be praying for you, Jack, baby and Beans!

Love Mama Nina