Monday, August 25, 2008

End of Summer


Today was the 1st day of school with students. It's hard to believe it is time for school to start already! Where did the time go? I'm excited for the new school year - there are definitely going to be some great things happening. But I'm also slightly mourning the summer time. I know I was starting to get bored, but now that I look back on it, I'm going to miss sleeping in and going to the beach and watching seasons of Smallville all day long. So as a tribute to the end of summer, here is a recap of a few of my favorite memories:



  1. Vacation at Lake Winnipesaukee - ironically, the joke that whole week was that I was pregnant. Turns out that wasn't such a big joke afterall!

  2. Jack making an idiot of himself: As we were driving on 95 S, Jack says "look how pretty the moon is tonight!" To which katie replies, "Jack, that's the Potomac Mills sign!" It was funny. If you aren't from around here and don't know what Potomac Mills is, just take my word for it.

  3. Girl's Nights - mmm margaritas :) I guess that will be on hold for a few months though!

  4. Beach w/ the Donohoes, and cooking the crabs we caught! yum!

  5. Weddings galore - weddings are always fun.

  6. Having time to actually read a book, go to the movies, etc.

  7. 4th of July fireworks - I do love fireworks!

  8. Girl's Weekend - Even though we didn't get to make it to the beach, it was still a blast! Great company!

  9. Taking Boomer swimming - I love seeing how happy he is in the water!

  10. Me and Jack's 1 year anniversary celebration!


3 comments:

Allison Ashinhurst said...

love it!! thanks for sharing your fun summer memories! I know it's going to be a GREAT school year!!

Unknown said...

Number 10 should have been Jack and I's 1 year anniversairy

Shawn and Taniya said...

Definitely Margarita nights should be number one... If anyone else gets pregnant, though, we are going to start having to call it VIRGIN DAQUIRI NIGHT!!!!